A bathroom or washroom tends to be a smaller room, usually in a house or other large residential structure, which has either a small bath or a shower. The addition of a proper wash basin to this room is very common nowadays. It is quite possible to have a combination of both a bath and a shower room in one bathroom. People who are planning to construct their homes, or renovating an existing house, have a lot of options available when it comes to designing bathrooms. They can opt for one with a large bath, or one, which has only a shower enclosure. In order to design a bathroom with both a bath and a shower enclosure, here are some tips and suggestions to consider:
– Consider including a wet bath sink with your bathroom, if the bathroom is long and the shower enclosure is on the opposite side of the bath area. This will allow you to have a place where you can sit, without having to step out of the shower onto the landing, which may not be safe at times. However, when you opt for a bathroom, which has a wet bath sink, you have to consider the space available. Make sure, before you go ahead and include such an item in your bathroom, that the plumbing of your house, as well as the plumbing of the bathroom will not let you do so. It is also important to see if the bathroom fixtures of the house, which you are going to use, will let you install a wet bath sink with ease.
– Choose bathroom fixtures that compliment each other. This is perhaps one of the most important aspects of bathroom remodeling. There are many types of bathroom furniture available, ranging from sinks to toilet seats, showers, basins etc. It is necessary that you choose items that complement each other. For instance, a white sink in a black toilet seat will look out of place, if the two fittings are of different colors.
– Have a separate space for bathing. You need to have a separate bathing space, whether it is just a sink and toilet, or a separate shower enclosure. It is not possible to install a washing machine in a separate enclosure, as it would look out of place. However, if you are short on space, you can opt for a small vanity unit and install a vanity bench there.
– Have a powder room. A powder room is not necessarily a bathroom, but if you have a separate bathroom, you may as well put in a separate powder room. With a powder room, you can have your own bathroom vanity with drawers and shelves, and can even have a separate shower curtain, soap dish, towel rack etc. The powder room is especially useful for older people, who would find it difficult to get their towels in and out of the wash thoroughly. Some powder rooms even have hidden compartments, which can be used for keeping personal care products like lotions, creams, shampoos and soaps.
– Install a full bath. If you have enough space, install a full bath, including the toilet, shower, vanity, etc. In fact, it would be better if you install two full bathrooms rather than one or two single bathrooms. This allows you more freedom when it comes to adding additional features to your existing bathroom, as you can have a toilet, shower and vanity in one, without the need of installing a second bathroom.